Title: Ekologix Screening
Broadcast: 10th October 2015
Presenter: Chloe Thomson
Having an outdoor space is right on trend and a must this season, they are a great place for entertaining or relaxing with the family. Using alternative material to hard wood has become very popular because it doesn’t have to be oiled or maintained.
- Available from Bunning’s, Ekodeck is a slat screen system that allows you to maintain a clean and neat finish on both facings – making it perfect for fencing or screening when both sides will be visible.
- Ekodeck is made of 45% reclaimed timber and bamboo, and 48% HDPE. It is UV stabilised, so it maintains its colour and never needs oiling or painting. It’s also termite, rot and mold resistant.
- You can attach the Screen Up system to either timber or steel posts. It’s a good idea to check that each post is bolted into concrete foundations, also ensure that each post is level and make any adjustments as you go.
- When considering how to position your Screen Up system, keep in mind that the maximum span between for the support post is 900m.
- Cut the Ekodeck screening boards to size, if you cut the boards 10mm shorter than the overall length you need, this will leave some space in the channel for expansion.
- Using the channel installation system, you will be able to make a nice clean, screw free finish. Horizontal screens can also be predrilled and screwed directly onto support posts.
Ekodeck: Contact - 03 9639 7774
Website - http://www.ekologix.com.au/ekodeck/decking/