Title: Waterwise Succulents
Broadcast: Nov 13th 2016
Presenter: Faye Arcaro
Faye shows us how we can have a beautiful garden at home while using less water by discovering some garden treasures. She teaches us some of the key principles of water wise gardening and the unique ability of succulents.
- This garden is built on hard granite rock with little water supply however this garden has been created beautifully.
- One of the key principles is choosing and grouping plants which have the same requirement for light, soil type and water.
- Succulent gardens feature plants that originate from climates similar to ours, with long hot dry summers and limited water supply. These plants have the ability to store water in their leaves and stems, allowing them to survive for months when water is scarce.
- Care and maintenance of these tough plants just couldn’t be easier. The most important factor is good drainage around the root zone.
- Cuttings grow so easily from cuttings that even a leaf can give you a new plant in a few weeks. Faye shows u how we can do this at home.
- If you want stylish, architectural garden plants or stunning low maintenance water plants, succulents are a great choice for our environment in Western Australia.
The Garden Gurus