Flemings Betula utilis var jacquemontii
Title: Flemings Betula utilis var jacquemontii
Broadcast: Apr 22
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
If you’re looking for an absolutely stunning small tree ideal for a suburban garden you can’t go past this one here – the Himalayan Birch.
- Now this tree is a ripper during the day but it’s even better at night. During the winter it looses its leaves and that beautiful white trunk stands out as a great feature but at night when it’s up-lit it looks great all year round.
- These trees grow well across much of Australia except the tropics and its tolerance for heavy soils and its light open foliage providing light is brilliant for a garden that suffers from direct sunlight all day.
- This form is known as Betula utulia var. jacquemontii, sometimes known as the Whitebarked Himalayan Birch and the best effect comes from planting it in groups of 3 or 5 plants. This tree is well known for its highly ornamental, brilliant creamy-white, peeling bark.
- This tree is fantastic for temperate garden climates so think about putting it in if you’re looking for a beautiful feature tree both day and night.
- If to get this plant then check out the Fleming’s Nursery website. This is the family nursery that grows beautiful fruit trees and new and improved ornamental varieties that are just perfect for Australian backyards.
P: (03) 9756 6105