Lemongrass Fish with Asian Spices
Title: Lemongrass Fish with Asian Spices
Broadcast: Nov 4th
Presenter: Russell Blaikie
Ingredients for 6:
- 2 lemon grass stalks
- 6 small fillets of fish, skin on and pin-bones out, I used perch fillets
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger
- 2 red chili’s, finely sliced (keep one for garnishing)
- 1 lime
- Fish sauce
- A piece of palm sugar
- Some crushed roasted peanuts
- Kaffir lime leaf finely sliced
- Peanut oil for cooking
- Cut the lemon grass stalks lengthways and smash with the back of a knife, place onto a large tray.
- Place the fish fillets on top and sprinkle with the garlic, ginger, and chili and leave to marinate for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Take the fish fillets off the lemongrass and drop skin-side down onto a medium-hot hotplate brushed with peanut oil. Cook for 1 minute to crisp skin, they might need a press with the back of your barbecue spatula to keep the skin from curling. Then turn over and cook another minute or so until cooked through.
- Place onto a serving plate, zest the lime over the top then cut it in half and squeeze some juice over the fish, sprinkle with fish sauce, the extra sliced chili and a little grated palm sugar, then garnish with a sprinkle of peanuts and kaffir lime leaf.
- Serve with a chilled glass of Crisp Semillon/sauvignon blanc from Australia’s South West region.
The Garden Gurus