Holman WaterWhiz Tap Timers
Title: Holman WaterWhiz Tap Timers
Broadcast: Nov 11th
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
For many areas in Australia it’s been a long warm and dry spring and we’ve got a long hot summer ahead- you know what that means? The gardens need watering and today Nige shows one of us the most efficient ways to do so.
- Irrigation controllers come in many shapes and sizes. The larger multi-station units get quite in depth, running off 240 vault power with cabling to numerous solenoids. These take a fair bit of setting up and are often best left to the professionals.
- The easies controls to set up yourself are the Holman tap timers. Wherever you have a tap you just have to screw it on. They’re battery operated, the computer is all built in, you just set it and it does all the work for you.
- The programming is fairly straight forward as long as you follow the instructions. Set the time and date and work your way through the watering days, start times and run times. You can have up to 4 start times per zone, per day.
- Early morning is generally a good time for watering as it is usually calm and wind free, with no heat to cause evaporation, meaning you’ll get the most from this precious recourse.
- The WaterWhiz 200 has the two outlets, the 400 has four outlets and the single. These tap timers do all the work for you, you just have the occasional seasonal adjusting.
P: (08) 9204 1011