Making Jams with Produce from the Garden - Honey & Peach Jam
Title: Making Jams with Produce from the Garden - Honey & Peach Jam
Broadcast: Mar 10th 2018
Presenter: Sophie Budd
Sophie Budd is a talented chef and is showcasing her favourite preserve recipes with produce you can grow from the garden.
- The first jam is made from Honey from the Perth Hills and local white peaches. Honey is a good substitute for white sugar as this is also to common in our diet.
- A good pot to use a cast iron, ceramic pot is perfect for cooking in.
- Sophie recommends using ripe peaches. Use a big dollop of honey. When using lemon, you only want the zest so the best thing to do is to use a sharp knife and run it around the outside.
- While you keep continue to stir and only cook for around 12 minutes. Once it is cooked pour the produce into a prepared jar, seal the lid tight and pop into a pot of water and boil gently.
- This jam is great to be used on top of ice cream.
The Garden Gurus