Save Money, Save the Planet
Segment: Save Money, Save the Planet
Episode: Spring 2019, Ep10
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
TX Date: 16th November 2019
There are ways to tackle those pesky bugs and weeds while saving your money, and saving the planet.
- Lilly pillies are extremely popular hedging plants, as they grow quickly, respond well to pruning and grow in a range of soils and conditions.
- They are susceptible to a few pests, scale and the lilly pillie beetle to name a few, so you need to make sure you’re on top of these.
- While it is easy to go out and buy a ready to use spray, spending a little bit more upfront on a concentrate and using a sprayer will save you big money overtime, and will greatly reduce the amount of plastic waste you produce.
- You can mix some eco oil and water in a 5-litre spray bottle. The bottle comes with a shoulder strap, a pump handle that locks away and a stainless-steel lance. There are 2 nozzles –fan and jet – as well as a pressure release valve.
- The Weedkiller Fan is a simple but effective accessory that attaches to the end of the lance. It will stop the weed killer spray from drifting onto your desirable plants.
- The 1.5-litre pump spray is a handy unit for up close spraying. The 360-degree fine mist spray is adjustable right through to a jet. This sprayer is handy for getting under the leaves.
- The 1-lire Trigger Spray is the best option for small jobs around the house and garden.
- All products come with a 2-year guarantee.