Segment: Primo Potting
Episode: Spring 2019, Ep10
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
TX Date: 23rd November 2019
Pot plants are one of the hottest trends in gardening, but it’s important to be sure you’re planting into healthy soil.
- Conventional potting mixes aren’t completely composted, and no matter if they are black or red tick Australian standard, they will eventually slump.
- Slumping is where the organic materials in the potting mix break down into tiny particles, giving you compacted, lifeless soil.
- When your soil is lifeless, your plants will struggle, so you need to act quickly.
- While most people would just put new potting mix on top, but this isn’t ideal, as roots grow down, not up. Instead, you need to take the plant out and put the potting mix on the bottom.
- Seasol Potting Mix Booster is a microbial and mineral based blend that helps your soil come to life, improving the health of the soil and plants.
- Mix it into the potting mix – you can be quite generous. Throw your potting mix in, and put the plant back on top.
- This mix will aerate your soil, and the results are remarkable.