Trev’s Lawn Care Tips
Story: Trev’s Lawn Care Tips
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 29th August 2020
Trevor chats to Karl and Ally from the Today Show and shares his tips and tricks for taking care of your lawn.
- There are four things that you have to do to maintain your lawn; feed regularly, keep up with your weeding, mow weekly and most importantly, irrigation.
- Make sure you use slow release lawn fertilisers. These release small amounts of nutrients every day, delivering the strongest, healthiest growth.
- Unlike old fertilisers that polluted our waterways, slow release fertilisers are environmentally friendly.
- Apply slow release lawn fertiliser every 3 to 4 months. Use the latest technology to get the best outcome.
- Lawns don’t like competing for sunlight and nutrients, so make sure you keep weeds down. Applying a Weed ‘n’ Feed hose-on is a good idea.
- You should mow your lawn once a week during the growing season. If you want a bowling green effect, mowing 2 or 3 times a week should do the trick.
- Mowing keeps the lawn nice and strong, stimulates growth and takes out the weeds.