Retaining Nutrients in Your Soil
Story: Retaining Nutrients in Your Soil
Presenter: Neville Passmore
Air Date: 26th September 2020
Everyone wants to have the healthiest, best looking garden on the street, and Neville has some tips to help you achieve exactly that.
- Seasol Plus Nutrients is new to the Seasol range. It’s a combination of pelletised compost, seaweed and organic matter with fast acting nutrients and trace elements.
- Seasol Plus Nutrients is a gentle fertiliser that works with soil organisms to enhance growth, flowering and fruiting without eating up to soil carbon like high nitrogen synthetic fertilisers do.
- The addition of seaweed extracts stimulates root activity which is the base of all growth and performance in plants. This also helps ensure any earthworms in the soil are happy and they don’t disappear.
- There are three formulations to cover just about anything growing in your outdoor garden. If you have a small garden, then Seasol Plus Nutrients All Purpose will do the lot.
- The Roses and Flowers formulation is bolstered with additional potash to boost flower formation.
- As soon as your roses have finished flowering, lightly trim them and then feed them immediately. Before you know it, they will be back in bloom.
- Early spring is the perfect time to feed your fruit trees. Apply around the drip zone which is the band under the edge of the foliage spread. This is where the feeder roots are concentrated.
- Apply Seasol Plus Nutrients every 6 to 8 weeks during the growing season, right through to late autumn. Scrape it into the mulch before watering it in.
For more information, head to