DIY Project For the Kids
Story: DIY Project For the Kids
Presenter: Sue McDougall
Air Date: 26th September 2020
A miniature greenhouse a fantastic way to get your kids out into the garden and growing their own plants.
- The Holman 4-tier Greenhouse is easy to assemble. The fittings simply push together, meaning there’s no need for tools, bolts or screws.
- The four shelves are strong enough to hold a fair number of plants and there’s enough of gap between them to grow plants with tall foliage.
- The greenhouse includes an irrigation system for easy watering. An automatic or programmable tap timer can be added if need be.
- Growing your own basil and tomatoes can help inspire your kids in the garden. Not only do they taste amazing together, they require similar growing conditions
- For seeds to germinate successfully, you will need light, seed raising mix, fresh seeds and water.
- Sprinkle the seed raising mix and tap down lightly, being careful not to compact the soil. You still need to keep air spaces in the mix for the plant’s roots.
- Air movement is very important for all plants in a protected environment. You can adjust the air flow using the roll up sides.
For more information, head to
AS SEEN ON