Story: Nige’s Natives
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
Air Date: 14th November 2020
- There’s approximately 24,000 native plant species in Australia.
- Native plants tend to have a low tolerance for phosphorous, due to the low levels found naturally in our soils.
- This low phosphorous requirement is critical when it comes to fertilising your natives, which is why you should always choose a good quality fertiliser that’s suited to them.
- Troforte M Native plant food is specifically engineered to deliver optimum results for all native plants.
- It not only feeds your plants, but it also helps build better soils, replenishing them with a unique suite of beneficial microbes and fungi.
- The microbes break down the nutrients, making them more readily available for plants. This helps the plants become more drought resistant.
- After using Troforte for 6 months, you’ll notice earthworms returning to the soil. Earthworms create better drainage and soil aeration.
- Apply as per the instructions on the label, ensuring you rake it into the soil before watering it in.
- Liquid Troforte is general purpose and can be used on all plants, including natives.
- It comes in a ready to use hose-on and lasts for 3 months, going to work on the plants immediately.
For more information, head to