Story: Scarlet Kale
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 21st November 2020
Scarlet kale is an easy-to-grow, long-lasting plant with some outstanding health benefits.
- Kale is rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- There’s a few different types of kale, including curly, Tuscan and scarlet.
- Scarlet kale is highly ornamental and makes the most beautiful display when mass planted.
- It goes fantastically in salads, soups and stir-fries.
- Plant kale about 30-40cm apart and harvest the outside leaves on a regular basis.
- When the heads get too tall, cut them off and they’ll produce side shoots.
For more information, head to