Autumn Lawn Love
Story: Autumn Lawn Love
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
Air Date: 27 March 2021
The harsh Australian Summer can take a huge toll on lawns. Nige reveals his quick and easy methods to help bring your lawn back to good health.
- Soil compaction restricts the flow of air, water and nutrients into the soil, causing damage to your lawn’s health.
- The issue of compaction can be treated by walking over the lawn in spiked-gardening sandals or by using a garden fork or a spiked roller to aerate the soil.
- Holes or damaged areas of the lawn can be treated by adding a topdressing soil mix such as Scotts Lawn Builder, to fill them up, enabling the grass to grow back at the right level.
- Scotts Lawn Builder can be used as an underlay soil mix, ideal for new lawns or seeding and conditioning lawns.
- Scotts Lawn Builder contains a slow-release fertiliser, large amounts of iron and a wetting agent to increase moisture retention.
- Fertilising in Autumn is vital to replenish the nutrients lost during Summer and to prepare the lawn for winter.
- The nutrients in Scotts Lawn Builder fertiliser are slowly released over 3 months which aids in building a strong lawn with deep roots.
- To apply Scotts Lawn Builder fertiliser, use a spreader. This will ensure the lawn receives an even coverage of fertiliser.
- Lawn Thickener contains seeds and starter fertilisers which help to improve the greening and thickness of lawns.
For more information, head to