Your Indoor Jungle
Story: Your Indoor Jungle
Presenter: Bonnie-Marie Hibbs
Air Date: 24 April 2021
Indoor plants are becoming increasingly popular, and Bonnie has a few tricks up her sleeve that’ll ensure they thrive year-round.
- Some indoor plants are well-suited to low light areas, whereas others, like the Philodendron White Princess, do better in brighter light.
- Rotate your plants once a month to keep them growing evenly. Otherwise, they can end up with lopsided growth.
- Avoid putting your plants anywhere they’re likely to be exposed to direct sunlight passing through a window, as they will burn.
- You should also avoid placing them under or next to an air conditioning unit, as the dry air will damage the foliage and cause the soil to dry out quickly.
- Check the soil to see how moist it is before watering your plants. If it’s dry, then you can give them a good drink.
- Most indoor plants require fertilising at least 2-3 times a year. A slow-release fertiliser, like Troforte Indoor & Patio, will release nutrients as your plants need it.
- Repot your plants from October to November to get the best results. Adding Troforte Indoor & Patio to the potting mix when repotting should give them an extra boost.
For more information, head to