Story: Peony Collection
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 4 September2021
Peony Roses are strong growing perennials that flower late spring to early summer. Head to Garden Express to pick up some for yourself!
- While not technically roses, peonies make beautiful cut flowers and last well in a vase.
- Dr Greveaux has stunning dark red double blooms, with a delightful scent.
- Marguerite Gerard features delicate double blooms in soft pale pink. This lightly fragrant variety is quite vigorous.
- The Ladybird has elegant pure white double blooms with a strong fragrance.
- Felix Crousse features double cerise pink to magenta blooms with a light fragrance.
- Garden Express is offering these 4 varieties, supplied as bare root plants for just $50 – valued at $72.80, that’s a saving of over 30%.
- When growing peonies, plant in a well-drained position in full sunlight. Plants will die down over winter, and re-grow each year forming a leafy clump.