Ornamental Plants for Pots
Story Title: Ornamental Plants for Pots
Broadcast Date: 31st August 2013
Presenter: Chloe Thomson
Here's an inspirational idea from Chloe perfect for any garden no matter the size or design for utilising an ornamental plant pot. Create a feature point; hide a problem spot or just show off your favorite ornamental plant.
Go Potty For Pots
- For a sleek modern look try using the Terrace Square, a favorite from Décor. Simply add a combination of Roses and Annuals.
- Flower Carpet Roses are a real winner providing bloom for up to 10 months of the year, disease resistant and drought tolerant
- For mass display try the Terrace Square in a larger pot. Choose colour's that are either in harmony or contrast against each other for maximum impact. Harmonious colour's like yellows and oranges look bright and cheerful, while contrasting purples and yellows give a sharp and modern vibe
- Darker pots work well when showing off dark foliage plants such as the Cordyline Red Fountain
- Mass planting several pots and grouping them together creates a relaxed screen and hedge like effect
- Reduce transplant shock of any new plant by soaking the punnets or pots in a dilution of Seasol before planting out, water again with Seasol and fertilise once a season with power feed for lush and healthy plants
- The Décor Self-Watering range is available in Australia from your local Bunnings store.