Solar Water Heating
Story Title: Solar Water Heating.
Date: December 12th 2009.
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane.
More Australians are making the switch to solar water heating and Trevor finds out why.
- New research is showing that half of Australian households are considering making the switch to solar water heating over the next two years.
- There are a few reasons for this: government rebates, concerns about the environment and of course, people’s perpetual desire to save some cash on the household bills.
- Certainly right now, households are feeling the pinch of electricity and gas price rises, which in some states went up by as much as 25%. They’re opening their bills and getting quite a shock.
- We’ve seen sales go up quite dramatically this year because of these factors.
- By getting their hot water free from the sun, the average 4 person household can save up to $200 to $700 off their electricity bill per annum depending on their location and energy tariff, which is great news for consumers.
- This is also great news for the environment. Australians are among the highest greenhouse polluters per capita in the developed world, caused mainly by the burning of fossil fuels for energy.
- All Australians have a role to play in reducing carbon emissions and it's promising to see people are keen to take action.