Creating a tranquil outdoor space with Ekodeck
Title: Creating a tranquil outdoor space with Ekodeck
Broadcast: 4 October
Summer is around the corner and nothing beats entertaining outdoors. A deck can be the perfect extension to your home, or can be used to make the most of an underutilized space. Nigel is doing just that this week with a great product from Ekologix.
- Ekologix creates the product, Ekodeck, which is a mix of bamboo and reclaimed timber. It also contains recycled plastic bottles, meaning you are helping out the environment while building yourself a pretty amazing outdoor space.
- Nigel is using the Silver Ash colour to build his deck, but it also comes in Red Rock, Dark Brown and Mountain Oak.
- It also comes in two sizes, the 88mm and the 127mm.
- Like any other kind of decking, Ekodeck can be installed on a timber or steel frame, and no special tools are required
- Pre-drill, screw, and then gap the boards like you would with any other deck construction, like all other decks, it will expand and contract in the sun.
- It doesn’t need to be oiled or painted, so you are saving yourself time and money!
- It is also termite, rot and mold resistant.
Contact: Ekologix http://ekologix.com.au