Lisa's Greek Salad Recipe
Story Title: Lisa's Greek Salad Recipe
Broadcast Date: 28th October 2012
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Lisa's idea to recycle glass jars as food containers is positively inspiring! Plus, her delicious Greek salad recipe is sure to impress at any picnic.
Ingredients for salad dressing
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup of white non flavoured vinegar
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon of sumac
- ¼ teaspoon of dried oregano
Ingredients for salad
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 green capsicum
- 1 small red onion
- ½ cup of kalamata olives
- ½ cup of feta cheese
- Combine all your salad dressing ingredients in a bowl and pour into the glass jar.
- Chop all your salad ingredients into bite-sized pieces, except for the onion which should be thinly sliced.
- Begin layering your ingredients into the glass jar. Start with your tomatoes, followed by the chopped cucumber and then the green capsicum. The thinly sliced red onion is next, followed by kalamata olives and then topped off with the feta cheese.
- Screw on the lid. When you reach the destination, simply turn the jar over gently a couple of times and you're ready to eat!
- You can slice the onion on a mandolin to ensure it's sliced to perfection, but a knife and chopping board will also do the job!
- If you get non pipped kalamatta olives, be sure to tell everyone so they don't bite down on a pip.
- Tomatoes from the vine will be delicious, but get creative and use all different varieties of tomatoes for your salad.