What to do in the garden this week in WA
Title: What to do in the garden this week in WA
Broadcast Date: 4/5/14
Looking for tasks in the garden this weekend? Tune in for Trevor’s hints and tips.
- Now is a great time to prune; reducing the canopy now means that, come winter, the rain can get to the roots easier. It also reduces the changes of damage during storms.
- It’s also time to get your winter veggies into the garden. Focus on the Brassicas- cauliflower, broccoli, kale and brussels sprouts.
- Get your topsoil looking great for your veggies, too!
- Pruning your roses back now will mean you get one more flush of flower in June.
- A 100mm layer of mulch around the garden now will stop weeds in their tracks.
- Now is a great time to take cuttings and propagate your native plants. Grab your cuttings and plant them directly into a propagation mix for best results.
Contact: Baileys Fertilizer