Turning Waste into Garden Gold
Story Title: Turning Waste into Garden Gold
Broadcast Date: 10th March 2012
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Autumn is the time to prune excess growth off plants however a day in the garden can create a significant amount of green waste. Today Trev shows you the quick and easy way to recycle your green waste instead of making a trip to the local tip.
Trevor’s Tips and Tricks
- If you have a garden on a block 450m2 or more you should invest in a silent shredder.
- The shredder is driven by a 2400 watt engine and instead of ripping foliage apart through spinning blades it has a screw type action grinding the branches into fine pieces of green waste.
- The action is incredibly effective and in a very short time you can turn a large amount of waste into a kind of green mulch that provides food for worms and reduces evaporation whilst enriching the soil with organic material that improves its health.
- This machine will save you money because instead of going out and buying the mulch for the garden you can create your own by shredding up your existing green waste.
- By investing in a silent shredder you’ll be dramatically reducing your fertilising costs for years to come.
The silent shredder is available from Bunnings.
Find your local Bunnings