Plant Highlight – Canna Tropicanna
Title: Plant Highlight – Canna Tropicanna
Broadcast: March 2 2019
Presenter: Bonnie-Marie Hibbs
If you need to add some serious colour foliage to your garden, look no further than the Canna Tropicanna. It’ll give you that tropical holiday feel right at your doorstep.
- Canna Tropicanna is a real show stopper with its vibrant and exotic foliage and its magnificent flowers. It’s a go-to plant if you want to create a real impact in your garden.
- This plant thrives on very little fuss, so it’s a perfect feature for almost any garden. It likes a good sunny spot and can cope in most soils, including poorly drained areas.
- They are fairly pest resistant, but with their large leaves they do prefer a less windy position so they’re not vulnerable to damage.
- The plant has a range of colours, from the warm pink gold leaves of the original Tropicanna, to the Tropicanna Black’s scarlet-orange flowers and purple-black leaves.
- You can plant them as a border or put them in a large pot and make them the hero of your patio. You can even grow them indoors, as long as they’re near a brightly lit window.
- The Canna Tropicanna is the perfect, fuss free coloured feature for your garden.