Promoting Your Plants Health
Story: Promoting Your Plants Health
Presenter: Sue McDougall
Air Date: 27 March 2021
Sue gives her top tips on how to best care for and rejuvenate your garden naturally over Autumn after the stresses of summer.
- The dropped leaves from deciduous trees can be left on the ground as mulch, or they can be used as a key ingredient in the compost bin to make rich humus.
- To improve soil quality in the garden, recycle the dropped leaves, add Seasol over the top of them and allow rain to soak in.
- The addition of Seasol will deliver beneficial microbes to the soil and aid in the decomposition of leaves, creating nutrient-rich compost for the garden.
- To transplant or divide perennials, drench the roots and if the plant is small enough, dunk it in a bucket with the solution before planting it back into the ground.
- Fill the hole up with the solution and let it drain away before planting.
For more information, head to