Trimming Hedges in Autumn
Story: Trimming Hedges in Autumn
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
Air Date: 15 May 2021
Your hedges will have grown considerably throughout spring and summer. As their growth slows in autumn, it’s a good idea to give them a quick tidy before winter hits.
- The HLA 86 long-reach battery hedge trimmer is quiet, easy to use and easy to maintain.
- Trim the sides of your hedge, starting from the bottom and swinging the hedge trimmer upwards in an arc.
- A useful feature of the HLA 86 is the adjustable cutting bar, which can rotate a full 135 degrees.
- Cut the top of your hedge by holding the cutting blades at an angle of less than 10 degrees. This will stop them from catching on twiggy branches.
- Remember to use a solvent, like STIHL resin spray, to keep your blades in top condition and make them easier to clean after each use.
For more information, head to